Sunday, February 1, 2009

Amish Solar Flare



Here is my next quilt. I bought the pattern two years ago at a quilt show. I have had the solids for years, since before we moved to Colorado, so for at least 17 years. When we lived in California, I drove about 20 miles to work one way. There was a fabric shop in El Monte called $2 Fabrics, and I would stop there occasionally. At the time I was going to make many Amish type quilts, so bought lots of solids. I had the book "An Amish Adventure", and wanted to make all of the quilts. I made 3 or 4, but never all of them. At any rate, I have lots of solids, and since I am sewing from my stash, decided to try this pattern in solids.


Here are the darks, I haven't started on the lights yet, but I think I will like this--I'll have to see. I don't much like quilting, so the greek keys has been pushed aside for the moment.

bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It's going to be pretty. A very interesting pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...