Thursday, August 13, 2015

How to...Meander in a Block

I thought I'd share how I am figuring out what to do to fill in the green space on the edges of the quilt. I got a book by Suzanne Earley that's no longer in print, called Meandering Magic (I found it available as an ebook if you're interested). Her premise is that you draw a large meander line, then fill in shapes around it (the magic) to quilt the whole quilt. I've used it before on whole quilts and loved it, here I did it in the blocks I was filling in. I've darkened the line I first sewed on this block so you can see what I did.
Here is the finished quilting on the same block. I think if you look closely you can see where the original line was, but not too easily. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...