Saturday, August 15, 2015

Holy Macaroli! It's done (well almost)

It is done (except for the binding, but that will be done a bit later today). I had to get the picture while it was still light enough outside and not wet. Looks like it is going to rain in a bit. 

I ended up quilting it much more densely than I thought I would, but I like the way it looks. The border is very simply quilted, just straight lines that are right angles to each other.

Here is a close-up of the quilting of the swirly quilting and the border with the corner decoration. I don't know what color I'm going to use for the binding but I'll figure it out.

I really like it and am proud of the work I did. This is the first quilt I finished on my Bailey's Home Quilter and though the tension is a bit fiddly I know that once I have worked with it enough I'll know how to set the tension so I don't get those stinking skipped stitches.

I've linked to Judy's blog. Check out more blogs there.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Nice job! I've been quilting away on a donation quilt. I am donating it to an auction to help raise funds for breast cancer research.

Ramona said...

Your design looks like lily pads in clear blue water. LOVE it!! And your quilting is great, too. Beautiful.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow Mary - this is amazing - I love love love the quilting on it!!!!! I don't think you could have found a more perfect way to quilt it. Stunning!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...