Sunday, April 12, 2015

Whew! That was fun!

What a challenge! I like the design and how it turned out but I didn't think about how I was going to piece it when I designed it. I enjoyed the process though and I can now piece patterns with partial seams without blinking an eye...I did a lot of them.

I think I am going to add a border, but I don't know what yet. maybe a darker green, maybe a blue, maybe both.

The top is about 90 x 60 right now, which makes it an oversize twin. I have a queen bed for the guest room, maybe I'll enlarge it to fit that bed.

I ended up cutting the pieces to fill in the background all at once, and then having to recut them because I estimated wrong. Of course I had already partially sewn a number of them in before I realized. There is one background piece that still needs to be taken out an replaced (upper right). It's about 1/2 inch too short. I was tired so I'll do it later.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Green-and-blue palettes are just so pretty! Love your play in this one. Nothing like a quilt with lots of something in it to get us over our fear of it, eh? :)

Allie said...

Amazing - that is so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...