Monday, September 17, 2012

Design Wall-September 17

I am working on a word quilt, my first. I don't know where I'm going from here...I don't know if there'll be more words or not, but I'm pretty pleased with the way this came out. The yellow isn't really that orange, but it is certainly high contrast! I may makes some log cabin blocks to go around, or I may do some low contrast words around this. It was fun. The A and the M were a bit hard to do, but by the time I got to the N I figured out how to do it, so that was good.

I bought "Ordinary Courage" by Brene Brown, that is where this quote comes from.

If you want to see what is on other design walls, check out Judy's blog.

10 comments:

Harriett said...

I like your words so far . I want to do one, it's on my list.

Elaine M said...

Your letters look great.

Allie said...

Good job Mary! Do you have Tonya's book, Word Play? I think that's the name of it...I really love the look of the letters, but I hate piecing so much that I prefer to applique, lol!

Michelle said...

Your letters look great! My own attempt at an alphabet wasn't nearly as legible. :-)

scraphappy said...

Great letters. Once you get the hang of them though, you will want words in all your quilts.

Paula, the quilter said...

I love words on quilts and always sneak one or more on. Sometimes it is latent, but other times it is the quilting and you really have to look for it. The words on the BOM I am currently working on are printed on the fabric. It is too dark so I flipped the fabric over and am using the other side.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

I love this! A good reminder for us all....

Great job!!

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

Great job!! A nice reminder for us all.....

Nina Marie said...

wow - nice choice of quote - but also nice job on the letters. So many times I see them done and they look a little wonky - yours look just right!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it! Love the contrast too - what a great saying!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...