Sunday, September 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday September 24, 2012

I went to a guild retreat this weekend and this is what I made. I actually have more bits done than this, but this is what I have on the design wall right now. It is based on a free pattern from Judy Laquidara. If you are interested it is here.

Her quilt is much softer than this, so I'll have to find a new name...peaches and dreams is her name I'll have to add in some kind of read fruit... strawberries? .... apples? ....berries???

It took quite a bit longer than I expected to get even this much done. There are 30 of the large rectangular portions and 90 of the smaller. Then in the border are 178 more. I'm not ready to work on those yet.

Here is the room we sewed in. There were 47 of us at the retreat and about 40 of us were in this room. The retreat was held at Christ Haven Lodge in Florrisant CO, a very nice facility.

It was fun, I will go again if we have another one (I think we will.)

If you want to see more design walls, check out Judy's blog.

12 comments:

Denise :) said...

Mary, this looks fabulous! When I first clicked over, I kept thinking..."Where have I seen this before?!?" LOL! Enjoy!! :)

shirley said...

i've made one of those, too. great pattern. i love what you have done....great job.

Judy D in WA said...

It looks fabulous! You should call it a fruit basket. ;0)
Retreats are such fun. I only have 3 more weeks to wait.

Julia Graber said...

I love the quilt on your design wall. Great job! And your retreat looked like a lot of fun.

Sandie said...

Nice job on the quilt... What about "Peach Melba" for a name? The raspberry sauce would explain the redder tones.

Gari in AL said...

Your quilt is looking great, just like a fruit salad.

Melinda said...

Love the colors in your quilt - sorry I can't think of a name for you.

Katie Z. said...

I made this quilt too, and it took me the longest time to finish the borders! Yours looks like an Apple Harvest, all thoses yummy colors of different apples!

Allie said...

That looks very pretty - nicely done! Wow that's a lot of quilters in one room, lol.

Nina Marie said...

I love this quilt - great job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just beautful- maybe Strawberry Sunrise?

Brita said...

I love that pattern, it's going to be awesome. Yes, Apple Festival is a great name for it, since there's such a big variety of apples and colors. Lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...