Sunday, February 12, 2012

Design Wall Monday-February 12, 2012

 I've started the quilting on the one block wonder. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you might be able to see it. Its very simple, but I think it is OK. Because of the pattern of the fabric, I don't know if it will really be noticed once it's all done.

I included this picture so you can get a better idea of what the quilting looks like. The color on this is REALLY off. Some day I will take pictures during the day, and not 9 at night and maybe I'll get better color. This is a pretty thin fleece. I was looking for a periwinkle (thanks Wynne Ann) but couldn't find a blue that looked good at all. I didn't want to use a dark blue, so went with the green.

I have a light green small border that you can see in this picture, and the backing goes with it pretty well. I think I'll have this quilt finished by the end of the week, then I'll start another. I don't know if I am going to quilt another, or if I'll start piecing another top.

Last Wednesday I finished Ocean Rain and I washed it today. I like the way it looks. I also figured something out about the labels I've been making. I'm using pigma pens, and they have been fading. I decided to try heat setting the most recent one and it worked. I didn't notice any fading after I washed this today. yay!

To see what other quilters have on their design walls, check out Judy's blog.

14 comments:

Lynette said...

Hey, if heat-setting works, maybe I'll try the Pigmas again. :) Your one-block wonder is absolutely amazing. Isn't it crazy, sometimes, getting the camera to see the colors properly?

Sue Daurio said...

What beautiful quilts you have to show today. What fabric did you use for your OBW, it is gorgeous. The rain quilt is just stunning. Great Design.

Nann said...

Ooooh....the OBW is beautiful! I like the cool color palette.

Jane said...

That's a lovely quilt! And a technique I must try. Looks difficult.

Denise :) said...

Wow -- both pieces are wonderful. I love that one block wonder!! GREAT colors in both, too! :)

mtnquiltr said...

Beautiful quilts! I love how the one block wonder changes colour from top right to bottom left. Gorgeous!

heather said...

I love the first quilt. The fabric placements make such different effects.

Linda said...

Your One Block Wonder is awesome!! I've made one and now after seeing yours I want to make another.

Eden said...

Oh my goodness! I love that one block wonder quilt! What great fabric and colors! I love it! Te Ocean Rain isalso a lovely quilt with quite a different vibe to it. I saw the post from last week as well. glad the quilting worked as you wanted and you figured out the heat setting trick with your pens. Those labels are important!

Debbie said...

Your One Block Wonder is one of the prettiest I've seen! Simple quilting is perfect.

Teresa F. said...

Stunning quilt. I love the deep blue color.

Heather said...

Beautiful quilts! The one-block-wonder is stunning! :o)

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

This is one of the best One Block Wonders I have seen in a long while - excellent!

Allie said...

Perfect quilting, it doesn't detract from the blocks at all, I think it's great! I know what you mean about taking pics at night, lol. I'm so glad to be getting up before the sun now, gives me a chance to actually wake up and find the camera while I still have light in here.

Good tip on the pigma pen, I'll have to remember that. I've started testing my pigma pens, remember Kaaren's quilt? I wrote on the block I did, with the pigma pen, and it BLED, even after heat setting. I switched to a different pigma pen [same thing!] and it didn't bleed. Very strange!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...