Sunday, March 6, 2011
Weekend Work and Design Wall
Here is the back of my UFO #1, done. Because there is not batting, just flannel backing you can see through the quilt. I like the way this looks. It is a summer weight quilt, and I just need to clip the threads and it's done.
Here is the front. I almost got it in time. It's a bit cloudy outside so the first picture I took didn't have any shadows, but then the sun came out. I am all done, and I know who this is going to. Oh, wait. I don't have the label done yet, so I still have a bit more work.
Daniel's quilt cam back from the quilter. I trimmed it and now need to add the binding. He is coming back to Colorado for a vacation from rehab in San Diego at the end of March, so I will be able to give it to him in person. He was up on "stubby" prostheses last week as a first step to getting around without a chair. Wow, it looks like really hard work.
Here is the whole top. I am going to use dark blue for the binding. I think I have enough from the backing that was left over that I trimmed off. If not, I have to go face the cutting nightmare again, but at least it won't be for 13 different fabrics.
This is the design wall from a couple of days ago. I cleaned it now, and there are no more bits of thread or other dreck, so it's ready for a new design.To see more, go to Judy's blog.