Monday, January 24, 2011

Switching Gears

I talked to my wonderful sister tonight, and she wants to participate in the Quilt of Valor for Daniel, so she is going to take it to her local quilter and pay to have it quilted. I know that I can send it through the QOV volunteers, but doing it this way we get to make this quilt for him together. She live states away, so we can't actually quilt together on it, but I know if she was closer we would probably work on this one, and others together. That would be so cool!

I've included a close-up of the border fabric, and then how I think I'm going to put it together with a narrow inner border.

On another note, I am switching back to the spiral quilt. I have to get done...it's a contest. I come from a family that is just a bit competitive, and though there is no winning or losing here, I have said I would get it done before the end of the month, so I will. I have the backing just about ready, the batting is unfolded and laying out and I might even get started on pinning it tomorrow morning. I tend to get a lot of work done in the morning before work (I have been waking up about 4:30 or 5:00) and then I feel like I have some life outside of work and sleep. So, I may actually get it done, and get Daniel's top done and ready to send to my sister all by the end of the weekend...and wouldn't that be cool! Here is the border fabric with a bit of the top so you can see them together.

1 comment:

Allie said...

That's the perfect inner border Mary. How neat that your sister can participate too - it's a darn shame that you don't live closer!

I wish you luck getting everything done, I really love the border for both of these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...