Friday, June 11, 2010

I have been working...


...just not on quilting recently. We finally decided to fix up the bathroom. It has been a mess since the renters moved out. We pulled up the floor, the toilet and the vanity. We patched, painted, and soon I'll put the peel and stick floor in. I have to get some adhesive remover first though, to get the sticky off the floor (that will be today's fun). Then up goes the beadboard wainscoting, and then the toilet and sink back in.

I did my demonstration last night at the quilt guild about making kaleidoscope blocks. It seemed to be well received. I'll put the info on the blog probably next week. I had fun, and some of the members asked if I would be willing to teach a class. I think that would be fun too.

In the process of getting ready I bought Bethany Reynold's Stack n Wackipedia. I've had a pile of hexagon blocks that I was going to make into a duvet cover from many years ago--at least 5. It got too complicated so I just put it away However, she has a simpler quilt to make with a free pattern "Zippy Strippy". I pulled out the blocks and I'm going to use them to make the easier quilt. I'll be able to make 2 twin size tops with these blocks. I might send them on to QOV.  The fabric between the blocks in the picture is the original fabric. I'm going to put some of it in there, but I don't know where yet. It will be interesting to see where this leads.




3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like your guild program was very well received. And I really like what you're doing with these blocks. Neat idea!

Brenda said...

Love the way your blocks look.

Ann Marie said...

You original fabric in between takes away from the kaleidoscopes them selves, I would use it on the borders, and maybe corner stones in the sashing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...