Monday, November 16, 2009

What's on My Design Wall 11-16

I didn't realize it's been a week since I last posted. The quilt above is from a swap I entered. Red and aqua. There were more blocks with red centers than aqua, so the bottom left corner isn't quite right. I still have some fabric left over from the blocks I did, so I might make a couple more to fit in the top. I don't know if I'm going to leave it this way, or maybe add some white sashing between the larger blocks. This is just the first layout that came out.

I also have this one up (well, my wall is small, so it was actually on top of the disappearing 9-patch). I've finished the top, now I need to figure out how I am going to quilt it, and who it is going to go to. It was fun to do, and not nearly as difficult as I imagined it would be.



10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very exciting post! Your red and aqua D9P is so pretty! I haven't received my blocks back yet, so it was fun to see yours. I like the layout you have there.
And your one block wonder is...wonderful! I love the border fabrics you chose.

Joyce said...

Very nice. I quilted my Kaleidoscope with a meander. I thought there was little use doing fancy quilting on such a busy pattern.

Anonymous said...

Your blue quilt top is absolutely gorgeous!

Krista said...

Your one-block wonder quilt is absolutely beautiful! I love the green/blue combination, and overall design you have there.

Kim S said...

Both look really good!!! I really like the red and aqua! I've been thinking of making something with those colors.

mary said...

The one block wonder is great. Makes me want to dig mine out of the pile and finish it. Your fabric choice is very fun.

Marilyn said...

Very nice. I really like it.

Lindi said...

They're both beautiful! I don't know why you worry so much! lol

Allie said...

LOVE the red and aqua - so neat! And the second one came out beautifully, it's SO mysterious, what a fabulous quilt!

carole ann said...

The blue quilt top is gorgeous, it reminds me of snowflakes and the red and aqua one is lovely. I have to get mine together for my daughter, she just loves the colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...