Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mystery and Charity

The title sounds a little like I'm listing the 7 virtues or something. Actually--I went ahead and did the first part of the mystery and cut the fabric as stated. I decided if I didn't like the finished quilt, surely someone would.


The second is that I've finished a charity quilt. I've had the fabric for over a year--it got stuck away in my stuff and only recently resurfaced. I didn't use batting, instead I used fleece. This was a fleece remnant I had from a spud suit I made for my hubby about 5 years ago. I quilted it using the sine wave stitch. That's the one that curves back and forth. I like it when I don't think I'm going to be able to stitch a straight line. It looks OK when it's crooked :^)

I also ended up quilting from the fleece side. It actually went remarkably well. The quilt is done and I feel virtuous!

We had a presentation on making fabric bowls at our guild meeting on Thursday, and that has inspired me. I don't know if I'll actually make one, but I found these and fell in love. I think I can figure out how to make them, because I found this and that 'splained it (as Ricky would say) good enough for me. I have an idea of purple mountains majesty--let's see if I can pull it off.

Here's a picture of the bowl from the Hilde Morin website. I borrowed the picture because I think it is remarkable--and I love it.

bluesignaturesmall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...