Saturday, August 9, 2008

Progress today-not quilting



Here is the further progress I made. I put the doors on the lower cabinet, they still need to be painted. I started the upper right cabinet, but haven't quite finished it. It needs to be painted, and I still need to figure out exactly how I am going to attach it above the window. I think I'm going to be using some metal brackets to support it from below, as well as using a hanging rail and screw it into the studs.

The two boxes are going to the left of the larger set. Since the ceiling slopes, I can't go all the way across the built in with the same size box, so I made them gradually smaller. They will be easy to hang I think, not nearly as heavy as the large set. The larger set is 84" long and 16" high and made out of 3/4" plywood--pretty hefty. I hope I will be able to paint it tomorrow and maybe even get it hung this week sometime. I'm avoiding the sewing room walls because they have to either be textured (we would spray it ourselves, but it's very messy) or I'm going to get some textured wallpaper and paint that. I have to decide; mess or expense??

bluesignaturesmall

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Your cabinets are going to totally rock when completed! I certainly don't mean they are going to sway! LOL I only wish I could do carpentry like you. You rock, girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...