Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainbow Drunkard's Path

I chose to do the flying geese border. I ended up using a blue/green batik I had for the thin inner border. I used yet another yard of hand dyed fabric for the flying geese and the same mottled navy for the "sky". The geese ended up much more subdued than the quarter circles in the drunkard's path. It makes the border have a little less punch, and I think that's good. It won't compete with the drunkard's path for attention. I have the two short ends of the border complete and I tried to get a picture, but it's dark and the batteries on my camera are dead--so I'll charge them overnight and then take a picture and post it when the sun comes up.

The hubby said he likes this quilt, so I think I will make it for him. It's funny, but I don't know what he will do with it. He never sits with a quilt across his lap, and it's not large enough for our king sized bed, but--it will be his. Maybe he will want to hang it in his office. That might be fun. I have no idea what I am going to do for the quilting. Any ideas or suggestions?

bluesignaturesmall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...