Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yeah! It's done, but late...

I said it would be done and sent my Monday night--liar. It's Saturday morning and now it's all done but the binding. Since I sew binding for baby quilts on all by machine, it will be done today, and maybe even sent UPS (do they UPS on Saturday?)

I actually like the quilting pretty well, even though the stitches are far from regular, and the shapes are not exactly the same. "Quilting by Doodling"--that's my new motto, and I think it will work for me.

I'm going to use white fabric with colored stars on it for the binding. I usually sew the binding to the back of the quilt, then when I bring it to the front I use a decorative stitch to sew it down. This makes the binding very sturdy, and I figure with baby blankets that will be washed a lot I want to make the very sturdy.

The quilting I did in the borders is "rocks". You know how you can pebble small areas of a quilt, well I decided this was kind of a cable the doodling way. I imagine if I had a long arm I would just go with cables, but I think this is fun and freestyle, and matches the feel of the modified fans.

Mary







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...